Dealing with this as a Tourism Business
Here at The Retreat we are keeping up dated regularly on the unfolding Covid-19 epidemic. As you know things are changing very fast and and we are doing everything we can to ensure that our Guests looked after. As part of our Corona Virus Preparations in Port Stephens NSW:
- All of our staff have been briefed on Hand washing and Cough Ettiquette
- Wearing gloves while cleaning all areas of the park
- Signage has been installed in various locations through out the property
- Hand sanitiser is available to reception for Guests and staff to use
- All rooms are being thoroughly cleaned as always and all surfaces are being given extra attention
- BBQ areas, Guest Laundry, Games rooms and playground are being wiped over daily
- Additional cleaning equipment is being left in BBQ areas for Guests to utilise after using these areas
How is this effecting Local Tourism Businesses?
Locally here in Port Stephens the impact of the Corona Virus are really starting to take effect. There are so many local Tours and Attractions that are feeling this effect in a huge way and have been for months already. Some businesses are down 95%.
What can we do to help?
The hype is all we hear about and things are changing but there is still time. We need to be brave and be smart. . We all need to be isolated at this stage so now is the time to plan your next great escape to enjoy the great outdoors when the time comes around.
- Book accommodation in a regional area as we all need to support each other
- Visit or participate in at least 1 paid Tour or Attraction
- Go shopping and support the local small businesses
- Eat out or order take away
- Enjoy the great outdoors by walking, bike riding or having a picnic
- Be smart and wash your hands regularly and keep a face mask with you (just in case)
- Share your fun times on social media and encourage others to get out and enjoy themselves
As a small Business owner the weeks and months ahead are extremely worrying. With Casual Staff to consider and financial obligations to keep we can only do this with everyone’s support.
We can not let the fear of the unknown overtake our thoughts at this time. We need to adjust to our new normal for the moment, think positive and think about everything we do. It is only a short term problem and we need to rise to the challenge and all be there for each other.