What to do in Port Stephens on a Rainy Day
So you are on holidays and the rain has made an appearance. The beach is just not an option but you want to make the most of every day.
We have complied a great list of things to consider while you are in our destination. Our List of Rainy Day Activities in Port Stephens will help take the thinking of what to do and make you try and fit it all in.
Rainy day activities Port Stephens
- The cinemas at Nelson Bay is an easy option to catch one of the latest flicks. Grab your popcorn and choc top and get ready for a cinemas experience bay style.
- Spend a couple of hours out at the Irukandji Shark and Ray Encounters which is right next door to The Retreat, learning about our Marine environment. This is a fantastic new facilitity with so much to see and do for the whole family. You can get into the water or stay out and dry.
- Water sports with Kayaks, SUPS and more seeing as you are going to get wet anyway you might as well get into the water and enjoy the waterways. Located at Shoal Bay foreshore
- Horse riding with Sahara Trails where you can wear a drizabone coat and explore the beauty of the bush staying nice and dry.
- Visit Toboggan Hill Park for hours of amusement and fun. Indoor and Outdoor fun activities for the whole family. Package deals available and the toboggan is so much fun
- Go for a dolphin cruise on one of the many cruise operators to choose from staying dry inside the boat. Underwater cameras allow you to see what is happening under the water as well. The boom nets are also available if you want to have a quick dip and see the dolphins up close.
- Inner light Tea rooms is an ideal morning or afternoon stop for a cup of tea and scones. This is one of the best view points of the head lands and a truly picturesque location
- For the beer and wine lovers you can go for a visit out to Murrays Brewery and have a comprehensive taste testing session of all the beers on tap and local wines as well as a bite of lunch while there.
- David Grahams Golf Complex which is all under cover and you can have a game of Putt Putt, have a hit at the driving range, Foot Golf, Frizbee Golf and so much more
- Oakvale Wildlife Park offers a modern Farm experience as well as the opportunity to meet some Aussie iconic Animals while learning more about our Native wildlife in a hand on experience.
- 4WD tours on the dunes are also a great wet weather option you can explore the dunes every day of the year
- Super Strike Ten Pin Bowling alley in Salamander Bay.
- Visit the local pubs and clubs – Child friendly clubs with kids play areas are , Fingal Sports and Wests Diggers Nelson Bay
- Pamper yourself at a day spa and get the works done…….just because you can
- Fighter World is located at Williamtown next to the airport and offers alot of history and get up close to fighter jets.
- Spirited Play Cafe is perfect with those with little ones that need to run and play at this great indoor play center. Cafe onsite as well to have a drink and something to eat.
- Visit Salamander Bay shopping Complex looking through the abundance of specialty shops or visit Nelson Bay Township with a huge variety of shops to browse through.
- Put on your rain coat and walk some of the great bush walking tracks and look outs of the area such as Tomaree Headland walk.
- Geocaching is a brilliant modern day treasure hunt that the whole family to get involved in. Down load the App and get searching. There are loads around Port Stephens to search for.
- Visit Port Stephens Community Art Centre and see the amazing arts and crafts made by local artists. Great place to buy special presents and souvenirs
If you would like more information on any of the above activities talk to us at Reception or contact us before you arrive
Here are our top rainy day activities Port Stephens has on offer. Make sure that your holiday does not stop because of the rain. There are some that do cost money and others that are free in Port Stephens. Call us on 02 4982 1244.