Making the most of your Easter holidays in Port Stephens and the surrounding areas
Easter holidays are just around the corner and here at The Retreat Port Stephens we are ready to welcome you into our bushland sanctuary. Whether you are looking for things to do as a family or a quiet place to stay while the kids are away at camp, there are so many fun and exciting things to do!
Port Stephens is an amazing place to visit, live, and explore. With a variety of events, markets, and activities available around the region your Easter school holidays are bound to be an experience you will never forget.
- Friday, 8th April
- Saturday, 9th April
- Sunday, 10th April
- Thursday, 14th April
- Saturday, 16th April
- Sunday, 25th April
If you’re searching for something for the kids to do during school holidays, be sure to check out all the fun and free activities at the Shoal Bay Country Club taking place from 12pm and 2pm. They also have a line-up of local artists performing every day from Friday, 8th to Monday, 25th April.
- Sunday, 10th April – Pony Rides & Petting Zoo
- Tuesday, 12th April – Slime Making, Sand Art & Face Painting
- Thursday, 14th April – Massive Lucky Prize Draw
- Easter Sunday – Easter Bunny Visit & Easter Egg Hunt
- Tuesday, 19th April – JD’s World of Magic
- Thursday, 21st April – Pony Rides & Petting Zoo
- Sunday, 24th April – Slime Making, Sand Art & Face Painting
PCYC Port Stephens – Nelson Bay is offering a variety of safe, fun, creative and inclusive school holiday activities for youth of all ages. Starting on Monday, 11th April, your kids could be taking part in all sorts of activities such as:
- Mixed Games and Aboriginal Craft Workshop
- Basketball and Gymnastic clinics
- Tie Dye and Water Play
Don’t forget to book ahead and double check “what to bring” before heading out for the day’s adventure!
In addition to the school holiday focused activities, Port Stephens offers year-round activities that are sure to delight and entertain you and your family/friends. From whale watching and dolphin cruises to shark and ray encounters you are sure to make some amazing memories.
Our Tours and Attractions page has an amazing selection of family friendly activities across Port Stephens.
- If swimming is your thing, bring the family along to the Tomaree Aquatic Centre to enjoy their giant water slide, volleyball courts, inflatable pool toys, and so much more!
- Irukandji Shark and Ray Encounters is a very popular attraction here in Port Stephens, so if you’re looking to go during the school holidays, we highly recommend booking ahead of time to avoid missing out on this awesome experience.
- Oakfield Ranch offers camel rides and horse drawn carriage rides for special occasions or just because you want to experience something new!
- For those with older kids, why not explore the sand dunes with 4WD tag-along, sandboarding, or even experience a cultural tour to discover the history of the Worimi people
- For the animal lovers out there, hop on over to Oakvale Wildlife Park where you and your kids can not only see, but touch and feel some of Australia’s favourite animals.
- Port Stephens Sahara Trails team offers 30 – 60 minute horse rides throughout the local bush and beaches for beginners through to intermediate riders.
- If you’re looking for something everyone can do together, and even be a bit competitive over… why not take on the 1km Toboggan Run challenge or climb the rocks at Toboggan Hill Park.
- Do you have a need for speed? Check out the biggest, fastest, and most exciting go kart hire track around at Go Karts Go in Nelson Bay
For more ideas or to find out more, visit the Port Stephens School Holiday Activities website sporting an exciting list full of great activities to do.
Spaces are filling up quickly, so be sure to book your Retreat Escape Packages today to avoid missing out! If you’re not wanting a package but still want to stay with us, give us a call on (02) 4982 1244 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information on the accommodation, we can offer you, check out our booking platform online. The Retreat Port Stephens is proud to offer competitions regularly throughout the year, if you’d like to enter for your chance to win 4 nights in a cabin midweek, a mystery hamper, and a bottle of wine and cheese board submit your answers here!