Planning the Perfect Winter Holiday Escape
With the cooler months once again approaching, it is time that we all need to start planning our winter holiday escape NSW and Port Stephens has it all. Yes there are plenty of beaches to go for long walks, boats to go out and see Dolphins but Port Stephens is so much more than a summer holiday destination.
It always feels like most people go into hibernation mode at the start of Winter. We all love getting out our winter woollies, rug up on the coach and watch a good movie. You can do that anywhere so why not while you are away.
Winter holiday escape NSW Port Stephens best kept secrets
- Keep warm by going on a bush walk through the Tomaree National Park. There are m any tracks to choose from with a range of difficulty levels. Some you can even ride a bike.
- Tackle the Port Stephens Exercise trail along the foreshore. This is a great track with exercise stations along the way. Great for all fitness levels. The kids love it too
- Shopping Galore in Nelson Bay with plenty of boutique clothing and home ware shops
- Port Stephens Community Arts Center has a wonderful display of works completed by local artists. There is also beautiful hand made gifts and souvenirs that you can not buy anywhere else.
- Get up close and personal with Kangaroos and Koalas at Oakvale Farm. Bottle feed the baby animals and book encounters with Koalas, Wombats and more…
- Camel ride on the stunning Birubi Beach and sand dunes. This is a great year round activity to enjoy and get some amazing photo’s with these funny animals.
- 4WD Tag Along Tours is a great tour that trains you in your 4WD vehicle. Learn how to safely drive on the sand dunes as well as tricks to assist if you manage to get stuck.
- There are 3 Major Golf Courses to choose from in the Port Stephens area. You can even have lessons to learn this great sport.
- If food and wine is more your scene then Port Stephens has some fantastic dining spots. Ask our reception for a copy of Dining around Port Stephens Guide.
How do I book my holiday?
We have put together some packages to make the planning and booking of your winter holiday escape really easy. These can have tours and activities added if required. If you have a very specific itineray in mind then just give us a call and we will customise a package for you.
Plan your winter holiday escape NSW in Port Stephens for the best getaway experience. Get back to nature and relax in our private bush setting. Enjoy the camp fires of an evening at our BBQ areas. Our cosy Cabins are super comfortable with everything you need. The Retreat offers excellent value packages over winter.